Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Second Law of Thermodynamics

The lawnmower is clogged. It only blows smoke out of it's side. Our small and unseen attic fan makes long unexpected high-pitched squeeking sounds...usually at 3:00 A.M, which would account for the reason that I am wandering outside at such a God-forbidden hour in my pajamas with a giant flashlight pointed at the top of our house.

After finishing school and working a regular, routine, full-time job, I have been welcomed into "life." My dad always told me how I would be using math and science when I got older. I didn't believe him, especially when studying theology. Now I understand. The second law of thermodynamics says that all things wear down. Everything slowly comes apart, falls apart, or (in our case) makes funny annoying sounds late late in the night. Things fall apart. And now, as a proud owner of a house, I must keep them working! Come hammer, come screwdriver, come allen wrench, come WD-40! Put aside the 400 page books on Greek exegetical summaries of 1 Peter, dispensationalism, and theological discussions on sublapsarianism. Its time with the tools. Time with grease. Time with science.

Thanks Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home