Saturday, September 09, 2006

Elmo's World


There is nothing better than playing ball with my daughter. Or better yet, you can't beat laying on the floor, covered in pillows, watching Elmo's world. I never thought I would enjoy watching a red puppet run around on the T.V. screen laughing. But if she likes it, I like it. We have been enjoying our time together. Hannah's growing fast - already in the top % in height for her age. She is not only tall, but very smart. Smart like her mom. She remembers everything. I don't know if that's always a good thing. I have to admit, having a forgetful mind has been a good thing at times! But at 17 months, she already knows (and can name) the following: airplane, kitty cat, apple juice, flowers, grass, bugs, button, pillow, balloon, and always loves to point out the moon. The funniest trait she's picked up lately is blowing her nose. She has seen me blow my nose numerous times (my gift of allergies) and now enjoys blowing her nose just like daddy. She likes to walk around the house with a kleenex in her hand, proudly displaying her learned adult skills. The Apostle Peter comes to mind - not in relation to the Kleenex, but to that of imitation. Peter talks about being imitators of God and longing for the pure milk of the word. Those two principles lead me to believe that Peter was a father. From the scriptures we know that Peter was married. So Peter having children is a good possibility. But if Peter was also known as "Daddy", he probably watched his little kids imitate him. No wonder he would use imagery like that. Our little girl imitates much of what we do. What's really scary is that she already has a library and loves to read books - even more than playing with her toys. Sometimes I feel as if my degree was for the purpose of fatherhood. This little cutie will obviously demand a good education from me! But, the more we play, the more I believe that I have a lot to learn from her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jason it's so fun to see how you and v are rubbing off on hannah. she makes me smile every time i'm around her. luv ya guys:)

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home