Thursday, December 28, 2006

Reading List for 2007

What are some books on your reading list? Most people I know like to read books, and most of those people have their own list of books to read. Looking ahead at the new year - this will be the first full year that I will be able to chart out my reading list and it not include anything "due" for school. My very own list! I almost don't know where to start. But I do have a few books in mind that I would like to read this next year. There is a handful of new books that I have never read, and a few that I have read - but that are good enough to read once a year.

New books

1. The Greatness of the Kingdom, by Alva McClain. A classic on the biblical theme of the Kingdom. Just never got around to reading it yet. My professor of theology in Seminary (Dr. Trevor Craigen) was a student of Alva. He says this is his favorite book.

2. Sketches of Jewish Social Life, by Alfred Edersheim. This is a good background book on Jewish life during Jesus' time. I want to begin studying the life of Christ more in depth - in order to do a Sunday school series.

Re-Read

1. Profitting from the Word, by A. W. Pink. A great book on the importance and benefits of being a student of the scriptures.

2. The Sovereignty of God, by A. W. Pink. A wonderful book on God's sovereignty, possible one of the most extensive on the subject. I always feel puny after reading it.

...And yes, I do like Pink.

3. Counted Righteous in Christ, by John Piper. It explains and defends the imputation of Christ's righteousness. Also a practical explanation of Romans 1-5. A must read.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but these came to mind first. What are some books you are interested in reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home